Monday, August 01, 2005

White Water Rafting!!!


Well I got to go White Water Rafting today for the first time at the Royal Gorge on the Arkansas River! It was spectacular!!!! Four girls and two guides! We had so much fun while battling the rapids. At first Tracy went overboard, but fortunately, she was not hurt and we rescued her, and it was hilarious! Then we hit another set of rapids and well all four of us girls were ejected!

The other three were able to get back in, while, me, well I just floated down the river and hit all sorts of rocks along the way. I had to keep reminding myself to go feet first. I just couldn't get back to the boat. I was calm, but then again, it was kinda scary. There was another boat nearby that rescued me because our boat got stuck.

So fortunately for all of us, we all got rescued and we were back on the rapids in no time. We laughed so hard, I don't think our guide has ever had people fall out of the boat like we did. We really did almost flip the boat....

But in the end it was just spectacular and I would do it again. We were only on the river for 2 hours, but that was a good amount of time. I can't wait to get the photos back!! I will be sure to put the link up!

Mel

AND the photos!!
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/melanie_gentz/album?.dir=7e31&.src=
ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/melanie_gentz/my_photos