Saturday, July 23, 2005

Polo Anyone



You know as I walk around some days, I think, gosh, I should blog this (whether it is read or not) then days just go by and I don't tell too many people my story, nor do I blog. Here a week has gone by and I haven't even really mentioned Polo!

So anyway, I went to my first Polo match last weekend out in Littleton, CO at the Columbine Polo grounds put on by the 20's 30's club of Denver (all male between 20 and 39), and the ladies do all the volunteer work. a 1/4 of a million dollars are raised for childrens charities! and it is a spectacular event.

Sat I just helped out with registration, and well Sunday it was TO the NINES ladies! We all wore our sun dresses and hats. How often do we get to wear hats. And how many polo events and derbies do you go to?

Anyway, I got the lucky job of pouring mismosas all day. Hard work, I know!! But it was a great time, and the guys really do appriciate all the volunteer help that the ladies give.


In anycase, here are photos from my first polo match!!!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/melanie_gentz/album?.dir=1de5
&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/
ph/melanie_gentz/my_photos


Just like in Pretty Woman! (Well, kinda - not really!!)