Sunday, December 11, 2005

Aspen Canyon Ranch


I just spend the best weekend in the mountains with my coworkers. We ventured west into the mountains and stayed at the Aspen Canyon Ranch!!

Just in case you feel like visiting their website
http://www.aspencanyon.com/



But I don't feel their website does anything for the actual experience you have. We all stayed a very cozy little cabin nestled in the woods that over looked the aspen pines and a little frozen river at the bottom of the hill. They even had a jar of fresh baked cookies waiting for us!!!


Friday night we just played games and had a lot of fun. Then Sat. morning I got to snow shoe for the first time, and I am sure there will be more of that!!! Not to mention the very yummy eggs benedict that Debbie made!!!


In the afternoon, I got to go snowmobiling for the first time, absolutely phenomenal. I did get stuck twice and I stalled once (apparently I am good at that) - anyway, the views were spectacular and the snow was amazing. Snowmobiling has to be one of the most fun sports (although my lower back is a bit sore today).



Getting stuck really is no fun, first it is embarrassing because the guys have to dig you out and it is really not that easy. Although, Debbie decided to go off and play on her own and got stuck once there while all the rest of us waited, then the guides finally get her out and on her way up she gets stuck again and does a face plant into the snow. Fortunately, no one got hurt and we all had a blast!!!

Anyway, the pictures are only a mere fraction of the fun we had.
This is a self portrait of Debbie, Aimee and I.

Here is another of the whole group just before we all attempted to sled down the hill behind us!!!

It's amazing how many fun things you can do in the snow!!! Someday, I may just have the find the perfect job somewhere in the mountains!!