Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

You know, I really am speechless when it comes to this hurricane. I am in tears when I watch what people are going through. I have heard from a friend in Baton Rouge that says, you really don't, or you can't even fathom how bad it really is until you see how people have lost EVERYTHING. I got an e-mail from an American in Ireland right now that just says she is embarrassed because they report it as, this tragedy is in America and Americans can not even help.

I am just heartbroken, and I am not sure what we can do as people. Are the American people reacting as they should, are they coming together and helping these people? More people were lost in this than Sept 11th, but are we doing our part?

ONLY IN AMERICA
I was watching the news, and you know, only in America will we take this terrible disaster and make a reality show of it. As I flipped through the stations, I had a few choices of the news and the rest were reality shows. Now, why wouldn't we create a reality show out of Katrina? Basically it is, what companies will react faster and make it a race to give people diapers and food. But still.

I am impressed with the amount of money that the American people are giving to the Red Cross and the companies that are donating in such large sums. Also, you can't help but really admire those who have done what they can as individuals. Helping other individuals get out of there and start their lives anew.