Friday, September 23, 2005

Volunteer Stories

I get to read volunteer stories and their experiences. We have the coolest 60 year old man in Peru right now teaching English. He has run in 155 marathons on all the continents. Utterly amazing, I may just post his bio.

We have a volunteer in Sri Lanka cleaning up from the Tsunami and is coming across flip flops of people who were washed away, absolutely heartbreaking.

Another volunteer is in Kenya feeding giraffes and zebras, she is hilarious! I may start posting some of their stories and linking them for your amusement!

Ah, and the 65 year old grandmother of two that has been all over the world and worked with all sorts of animals. I will elaborate on this one, but her goal this year was to go work with the gorillas in Rwanda, but instead decided to go to Sri Lanka with i-to-i and work with the elephants!

Here is a cool quote from a girl who did the tsunami project earlier in the summer
“I will never be able to communicate how thankful I am for this wonderful experience. I only wish I never had to leave!”