Sunday, January 29, 2006

Ski Trip #8

Today was ski trip #8!! I went back to Keystone, but yet, totally skiing different runs than I ever have. I had so much fun!! And I was doing quite well on all those bumps. Lots of fresh powder, but totally freezing!

Last week was the first time that I have ever felt my nose hairs freeze when I take in a deep breath, and well today they were freezing again!

As for the runs, we were crusing down the slopes, which, was great, and we left at 3p to beat the traffic. Forget that. It took us nearly 2 hours just to GET to the 70, and then ANOTHER 2 hours to get home. Sheeesh. That was a 4 hour drive back to Denver back from Keystone (normally only takes 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours).

Anyway, it was interesting, people (boys) were getting out on the side of the road to pee. Didn't really care who was watching. The traffic was horrific.

As for when I was skiing .... I saw someone snowboarding who had no legs. It was the most interesting thing I have ever seen. It was the top half of a body on a snowboard, and I thought to myself, WOW, you know there is someone who maybe lost thier legs, or maybe never had them, but is doing something they love and didn't let something like that stop them from enjoying a sport such as snowboarding.

But I must admit, it was the strangest thing I have ever seen.